Thursday, September 11, 2008

What a way to start the day.

So the other morning, I woke up and got ready for work, positively giddy at the prospect of a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I went downstairs, poured the cereal into the bowl and opened the refrigerator to find that my last bit of milk had been pilfered by my roomate while I slept. You should have seen my face, I was so sad. But the amount my heart sank over something so small was hilarious. It was no big deal, I just grabbed some yogurt and went to work, but the fact that I was looking forward to a bowl of cereal so much was pretty telling about my life. I'm not looking for that big promotion, or a new car, I just want a bowl of cereal in the morning, which I was denied :(

On the drive to work (yes I'm still driving to work rather then biking because of my knee goddamn it) I was pretty stoked because I was going to get to work 15 minutes early and start my day. But when I got onto Pacific Highway just past the California Highway Police Stations (CHiPs that try to hit me every morning when I ride my bike) there was a police blockade. Literally 6 police cars parked across the road and police dogs preventing anyone from passing. And an officer was making everyone turn around. So I had to jump back on the freeway and find an alternate path, which caused me to be five minutes late to work. I'm curious as to what would have happened if I had been on my bike. There aren't really any other routes that I could have taken, certainly not any safe routes.

It was an overall bad start to a day but like I always think, bad things come in droves so the deluge of badness is likely just begun. Maybe I'm getting fired!

No comments: