Monday, September 22, 2008

Sometimes you just gotta tell a joke

The guy behind me at the ATM today decided to stop me as I walked away and tell me a long joke about the Federal Reserve's $700 Billion bailout package and how it affected our money in the bank. I kinda gave the guy a smile and said something as I hastened away. It was an awful joke, but even more important, it was a political joke to a stranger who you know nothing about other then the fact that he's using an ATM. I guess since we work at a military installation you could infer some other things but not so much now as you could probably 10 years ago. The point being that I don't think this guy thought of any of that. I just think he had this joke in his head he had to tell to someone, no matter who, before he forgot it or his head exploded. Or maybe he was using it as an icebreaker to hit on me! Or maybe that's how he was introducing himself to everyone that day, telling an unfunny but topical joke.

Whatever the case, I can totally see where he was coming from if he needed to tell that joke. Sometimes a joke just pops into your head and you have to run to the nearest person and tell them, much like if you have to pee really bad and you run to the restroom. Oddly enough you make the same face when you need to pee really bad as when you need to tell a joke. The amount of pressure you relieve is also equal. Just like peeing however you really need to pick your place to do it, I'm not sure which one is stranger, having to hear an awful joke after I get done using the ATM, or seeing someone pee right after I get done using the ATM. How did this become so about urine, I think I need to go to the bathroom.

No comments: