Monday, September 29, 2008

I didn't accomplish anything this weekend.

I had maybe the least productive weekend of all time. Was the laundry folded? Negative. Was the house clean? Nope. Did I fix or try to improve myself in any way? Absolutely not. Well that last one isn't completely true. I did go to the gym and get a haircut. But I still feel like there was much failure. I went to the grocery store and couldn't find any of the 5 or so ingredients I wanted to cook some things. It was frustrating. Then I went to the cooking store and they had nothing either. They told me I could go to some store in La Jolla (where I would pay $1000000 for some salt) or some Asian market far away. Needless to say I wasn't feeling that motivated.

The point being that I think for me to have fun on the weekend I need to actually do something that's productive. I did the dishes on sunday night, did my laundry, but that was about it. Nothing really constructive, not anything that required time and or thought. Drank some beer, went to the gym, socialized a little bit. Not much else. Pretty sad really. I might feel alot better about the weekend if I had actually built a home for someone, or the Eagles had won. I would feel much better if the Eagles had won. I need my knee to get all the way better so I can play tennis...or so I can sleep on the couch more. I can guarentee you I'll sleep on the couch more then I'll play tennis. Mmm...couch tennis...the greatest sport?

No comments: